Vendors are responsible for disposal of all trash and debris generated by their respective businesses.
Vendors are responsible for all appropriate labeling, licenses, product inspections, weights, measures and pesticide rules. Accuracy of scales/weights is the responsibility of the vendor; however, the Market Manager reserves the right to check accuracy any time. At all times, items sold in the Market must meet requirements of all applicable health and sanitation codes, as well as local, state, and federal agricultural requirements. It is the sole responsibility of the vendor to ensure compliance. The vendor must cooperate with state inspections at the Market.
Vendors with suggestions or comments are encouraged to submit written, signed statements to the Market Manager.
It is vital for all vendors to be present at the market place during advertised operational hours. Season vendors must commit to the entire prime season (May-Oct) and participate on a regular basis. Monthly vendors must commit to all Saturdays in the particular month identified on their applications. Produce availability may limit the beginning and ending dates; therefore, a schedule will be developed prior to the start of the market season to document the vendor commitments. Guest vendors will be invited to participate in individual markets based on the discretion of the Market Manager. Off-Season (Nov-Feb) will be assigned by the Market manager on a first come first served basis based on application requests.
The Following are Prohibited During Market Hours:
- Selling during a lightening storm
- Electrical generators
- Music (except personal players with headphones or earbuds)
- Damage to the pavement
- All vendor-owned domestic pets including cats and dogs
- Selling of any items bought from a retailer
- Processed foods not in compliance with health department and Virginia Department of Agriculture regulations
- The slaughtering of any animals on site
- Cooking within the Market area without prior approval by the Market Manager
- Distribution of religious or political campaign material
- Hawking will not be allowed
- No smoking in the Market Area
- No alcoholic beverages sold or consumed in Market area
The Market Manager will enforce all policies and procedures in the Market. The Advisory Board will review any violations of these policies and procedures. Any vendor found not in compliance will be given a written notice and may be subject to exclusion from participation in the Market for a period not to exceed 30 days and will forfeit their site location. Vendors returning after a 30 day suspension will be subject to space availability at the time of their return.